Over the years CEEF has sponsored the Lucretia Van Horn Memorial Art Award Contest for all middle school students of the Cupertino Union School District (CUSD). The award was created in honor of the late Lucretia Van Horn, a gifted artist and educator who worked with other noted artists such as Diego Rivera, Pablo O’Higgins, and David Park to teach others an appreciation for beauty through art. The purpose of the Lucretia Van Horn Memorial Art Award Endowment is to celebrate the arts by recognizing outstanding middle school artists in CUSD.
This year CEEF is pleased to be able to host this contest again and offer the following prizes to its winners: $250 (1st), $100 (2nd), and $50 (3rd). All entries are due to CEEF by 3 PM on May 5 th .
2017 ENTRY GUIDELINES
- This competition is open to any student attending a CUSD middle school.
- Only 1 (one) entry per student is allowed.
- The Entry Form must be attached to the back of your entry and written legibly.
- Artwork should express your interpretation of the theme.
- Artwork should be two-dimensional only.
- Artwork can be of any media or combination of media.
- Artwork should not exceed 18″ X 20″.
- Artwork must be original and completed entirely by the student.
Entries will be judged by creativity, mastery of the medium, and theme development.
The Entry Form must be attached to the back of your artwork entry.