The Patricia A. Lamson Endowment Fund for Reading Literacy Scholarship was established to honor the legacy of Patricia A. Lamson. Lamson began her career in education as a kindergarten teacher with the Cupertino Union School District in 1959. She would move her way up through the district as both an elementary and middle school principal until eventually becoming the superintendent. Prior to retiring as superintendent in 1997, she was named by the San Jose Mercury News as one of the top 10 public administrators in Santa Clara County.
In partnership with CUSD, CEEF is pleased to announce the 2016-2017 Patricia A. Lamson Endowment Fund for Reading Literacy Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to honor exemplary efforts of school libraries to support literacy across all curricular areas.
This year, the scholarship of $800 will be awarded to one school site to support their library with any of the following:
- Purchase up-to-date school library media resources, including books;
- Acquire and use advanced technology that is integrated into the curricula to develop and enhance the information literacy, information retrieval, and critical-thinking skills of students;
- Provide professional development for school library media specialists and provide activities that foster increased collaboration among library specialists, teachers, and administrators;
- Provide students with access to school libraries during non-school hours, weekends, and summer vacations; and
- Support an identified school library need.
Application Deadline: January,27th, 2017. Please submit your application to email@example.com by no later than 5 PM on 1/27/17 for considerati
Applications may be downloaded by clicking on the link 2016-2017 Lamson Application