In partnership with CUSD, CEEF is pleased to announce the 6th Annual Innovative Technology Educator (ITE) Awards. The purpose of these awards is to acknowledge and celebrate innovative pedagogical practices using technology in classrooms throughout CUSD.
The Cupertino Educational Endowment Foundation (CEEF) is committed to supporting outstanding public education for all students in the Cupertino Union School District (CUSD).
This year, the ITE Award will recognize up to two overall winners (one elementary and one middle school) and will be formally acknowledged at CEEF’s 32nd Annual Gala, “Springtime in Paris,” to be held at the Fairmont San Jose on March 18th, 2017. The awardees will receive a ticket to the Gala as well as a $500 stipend.
Applications that inspire communication, intellectual curiosity, and/or creativity through the use of technology from both elementary and middle schools in each of the categories below also will be recognized. These will be announced at the CEEF Gala and will be featured on CEEF’s website.
Please note that this year, both self-nominations or nominations by others will be accepted; however, the teacher being nominated must be aware of the nomination.
- Beyond the Classroom – Using technology to reach beyond the borders of the physical classroom
- Innovation and Creativity – Using technology to encourage students to think creatively and demonstrate innovation
- Differentiation – Using technology to support differentiated and individualized instruction to encourage students to reach their maximum potential
- Project-Based Learning – Using technology in a project based learning environment to allow students to explore and solve problems using a PBL model
- Creating/Maker – Using technology to design/build while engaging in deeper learning (e.g. robotics, coding, prototyping, etc.)
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2017
Proposals will be reviewed and scored by a committee comprised of representatives of CEEF, CUSD, and community members at large.
To Apply please go to http://tinyurl.com/ITE2016-17
For additional information, please contact CEEF Executive Director Lisa Hirai Tsuchitani.